The development program to improve the quality of presentation and packaging of KEJORA SME products was started in 2013. However, to further improve the quality and quality of this program, starting in 2015, KEJORA began to implement this program with more modules and structured under the Product Quality Transformation Program PKS KEJORA – KEJORA BEST.
The objectives of this Product Quality Transformation Program are to
- Provide entrepreneurship development programs through total guidance and promote the ability and potential of entrepreneurs to a better level;
- Develop and enhance entrepreneurial products through packaging improvement programs and product presentation in line with proper and competitive brand transformation methods as well as complying with the Food Labeling and Rules Act.
- Implement product quality improvement preparation program, quality control (QC), quality environment practice (5S) as well as preparation towards MeSTI / Halal / GMP / ISO9001 and other related certifications;
- Provide a platform in guiding and assisting entrepreneurs and KEJORA in terms of human capital development and intensifying entrepreneurship and business towards empowering the economy of KEJORA-guided entrepreneurs
The implementation of this program involves three stages namely;
- Preparation for the Implementation of the Business Transformation Program to identify entrepreneur selection and product selection
- Implement branding and packaging programs on selected products for design determination , printing, IP and food testing on nutrition and product lifespan testing
- Implement quality training programs and follow-up monitoring programs to entrepreneurial premises to identify improvements on the production process and preparation towards halal certification, MUST compliance, HCCP and so on
The implementation of the program under the ‘KEJORA BEST’ initiative can also further increase the capacity of the number of local entrepreneurs, especially KEJORA entrepreneurs to a more productive, innovative and competitive level. The direct impact is as follows:
- Improving the economy and living standards of the community through increased business and industrial activities.
- Improving the knowledge and skills of KEJORA entrepreneurs and officers in the aspects of entrepreneur development, branding and packaging, technical requirements as well as product development and quality improvement and quality control.
- Provide added value to KEJORA entrepreneur products through improved design and packaging and branding functions as well as the provision of operating premises that lead to meeting healthy needs as well as towards the Halal certification stage.
- Increased sales as well as market expansion / increase for the products of SME entrepreneurs.
- Realize the goals of KEJORA SME entrepreneurs who want to grow their business and make KEJORA guidance entrepreneurs as role models to other entrepreneurs. Increase in the number of KEJORA SME entrepreneurs who can penetrate the local and global markets.
KEJORA targets 50 products to improve the quality of product presentation, branding and packaging from 2015 until the end of 2020.